Come visit us at Calvary Chapel Church of God in Christ
5101 Bristol, Kansas City MO 64129
Pastor Harold & Casandra Molden & Family
OCTOBER 4, 2020 | Lesson 5
LOVE AND DEVOTION TO OTHERS
BIBLE BASIS: 1 Samuel 19:1-7
BIBLE TRUTH: Jonathan intercedes for his friend David by speaking to his father, King Saul, on David’s behalf.
MEMORY VERSE: “And Jonathan spake good of David unto Saul his father, and said unto him, Let not the king sin against his servant, against David; because he hath not sinned against thee, and because his works have been to thee-ward very good.” (1 Samuel 19:4, KJV)
LESSON AIM: By the end of this lesson, we will EXPLORE the story of Jonathan’s defense of David when David was opposed by Saul, LONG for love and justice within the family and beyond, and GROW in love and devotion for justice for others.
BACKGROUND SCRIPTURES: 1 Samuel 19:1- 7, 23:1-18; 2 Samuel 9—Read and incorporate the insights gained from the Background Scriptures into your study of the lesson.
OCTOBER 11, 2020 | Lesson 6
LOVE YOUR ENEMIES
BIBLE BASIS: LUKE 6: 27-36
BIBLE TRUTH: Jesus teaches that the main principle in following Him is love.
MEMORY VERSE: “But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you. Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you" (Luke 6:27-28, KJV).
LESSON AIM: By the end of this lesson, we will EVALUATE Jesus' teaching about what it means to love our enemies, REPENT of time when we felt animosity toward others or were hated by others, and OBEY Jesus' command to love our enemies.
BACKGROUND SCRIPTURE: Luke 6:27-36 Read and incorporate the insights gained from the Background Scriptures into your study of the lesson.
October 18, 2020 | Lesson 7
LOVING YOUR NEIGHBOR
BIBLE BASIS: Luke 10:25-37
BIBLE TRUTH: Jesus teaches the Good Samaritan parable.
MEMORY VERSE: “Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves? And he said, He that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise." (Luke 10:36-37, KJV)
LESSON AIM: By the end of this lesson, we will EXPLORE the concept of neighbor in the conversation between Jesus and the lawyer, VALUE all people as God does, and SHARE love and mercy with those who are in need, even those who are different than we are.
BACKGROUND SCRIPTURES: Leviticus 19:18, 34; Luke 10:25-37--Read and incorporate the insights gained from the Background Scriptures into your study of the lesson.
OCTOBER 25, 2020 | Lesson 8
BIBLE BASIS: I Corinthians 13:1-13
BIBLE TRUTH: Of faith, hope, and love, Jesus identifies the most significant Christian virtue: Love!
MEMORY VERSE: “And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity" (I Corinthians 13:13, KJV).
LESSON AIM: By the end of this lesson, we will VALIDATE Paul's understanding of love as the apex of the Spirit-led life, APPRECIATE love as motivation to share our God-given gifts, and ACT in love when sharing our God-given gifts.
BACKGROUND SCRIPTURES: I Corinthians 12:27-14:1---Read and incorporate the insights gained from the Background Scriptures into your study of the lesson.
NOVEMBER 1, 2020 | Lesson 9
LOVING BY SERVING
BIBLE BASIS: John 13:1-15, 34-35
BIBLE TRUTH: Jesus wraps a towel around His waist and kneels to wash the disciples' feet.
MEMORY VERSE: “For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.” (John 13:15, KJV)
LESSON AIM: By the end of this lesson, we will EVALUATE the significance of Jesus washing the disciples' feet, REPENT of pride that has prevented serving selflessly, and SERVE others as an expression of Christian love..
BACKGROUND SCRIPTURES: John 13:1-35--Read and incorporate the insights gained from the Background Scriptures into your study of the lesson.
DO YOU KNOW JESUS CHRIST AS YOUR SAVIOUR?
If you do not know Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour, please read the following to find out how you can get to know Him today:
1. Accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 7: 20: “For there is not a just man upon earth that doeth good, and sinneth not.” Romans 3:23: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”
2. Accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death...”
3. Accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” The Bible says in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
4. Accept the fact that you cannot do anything to save yourself! The Bible states in Ephesians 2: 8, 9: “For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is a gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
5. Accept the fact that God loves you more than you love yourself, and that He wants to save you from hell. “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” (Jesus Christ, John 3:16).With these facts in mind, please repent of your sins, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and pray and ask Him to come into your heart and save you this very moment. The Bible states in the book of Romans 10:9, 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.” “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
If you are willing to trust Christ as your Saviour, please pray the following prayer:
Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life. Amen.
Online Church Calendar
STATEMENT OF FAITH
We believe the Bible to be the inspired and only infallible written Word of God.
We believe that there is only One God, eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son and, God the Holy Spirit.
We believein the blessed Hope, which is the rapture of the Church of God, which is in Christ, at His return.
We believe that the only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance and faith in the precious Blood of Jesus Christ.
We believethat regeneration by the Holy Ghost is essential for personal salvation.
We believe that the redemptive work of Christ on the Cross-provides healing for the human body in answer to believing prayer.
We believe that the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, according to Acts 2:4, is given to believers who ask for Him.
We believe in the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a holy and separated life in the present world.
Pastor Harold Molden Sr. & 1st Lady Casandra Molden
WE ARE BETTER "TOGETHER"
And We Shall Accomplish More "Together"
Pastor Harold Molden Sr. & 1st Lady Casandra Molden