Come visit us at Calvary Chapel Church of God in Christ
5101 Bristol, Kansas City MO 64129
Pastor Harold & Casandra Molden & Family
NOVEMBER 22, 2020 | Lesson 12
BIBLE BASIS: Acts 4:32 - 5:11
BIBLE TRUTH: Integrity in giving and sharing in the early church was valued.
MEMORY VERSE: "And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common" (Acts 4:32, KJV).
LESSON AIM: By the end of this lesson, we will EXPORE the Jerusalem church's practice and witness of communal sharing. REPENT of any idolatrous attachment to material goods, and CREATE a plan to increase our giving for the common good.
BACKGROUND SCRIPTURES: Acts 4:32 - 5:11 ---
Read and incorporate the insights gained from the Background Scriptures into your study of the lesson.
NOVEMBER 29, 2020 | Lesson 13
BIBLE BASIS: James 2:1-13
BIBLE TRUTH: James teaches that everyone is welcome to worship the Lord and he forbids showing partiality to the wealthy.
MEMORY VERSE: “Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?.” (James 2:5, KJV)
LESSON AIM: By the end of this lesson, we will EVALUATE the difference between showing partiality and treating others equally, AFFIRM that all people are equally valued and loved by God, and PRACTICE James' call to fulfill the "royal Law" of loving one's neighbor as oneself.
BACKGROUND SCRIPTURES: James 2 -- Read and incorporate the insights gained from the Background Scriptures into your study of the lesson.
Fall Quarter 2020
Unit 1 ---Struggles with Love
6 Issues of Love…………..Genesis 37:2-11,23-24,289
13 God Rewards Obedience…..Genesis 41:25-33,37-40,50-52
20 Love Versus Gui9lt………Genesis 42:6-25
27 God’s Plan Revealed……Genesis 45:1-15
Unit 2 ---Inclusive Love
4 Love and Devotion to Others…..I Samuel 19:1-7
11 Love Your Enemies……..Luke 6:27-36
18 Love Your Neighbor……..Luke 10:25-37
25 Love Divine……I Corinthians 13:1-13
Unit 3 --- Godly Love Among Believers
1 Loving by Serving….John 13:1-15, 34-35
8 Abiding Love….John 15:4-17
15 Confident Love….I John 3:11-24
22 Sharing Love….Acts 4:32 - 5:11
29 Impartial Love….James 2:1-13
WINTER QUARTER 2020- 2021
Unit 1 The Beginning of a Call
6 Called Through Heritage……Matthew 1:1-6,16-17; Hebrews 1:1-5
14 Mary Magdalene: A Faithful Disciple…Luke 8:1-3; Mark 15:40;
21 Priscilla: Called to Minister….Acts 18:1-3,18-21, 24-26; Romans 16:3-4
28 Lydia: Called to Serve….Acts 16:11-125, 40; I Corinthians 1:26-30
Spring Quarter 2021
Unit 1 – Faithful Prophets
DO YOU KNOW JESUS CHRIST AS YOUR SAVIOUR?
If you do not know Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour, please read the following to find out how you can get to know Him today:
1. Accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 7: 20: “For there is not a just man upon earth that doeth good, and sinneth not.” Romans 3:23: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”
2. Accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death...”
3. Accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” The Bible says in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
4. Accept the fact that you cannot do anything to save yourself! The Bible states in Ephesians 2: 8, 9: “For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is a gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
5. Accept the fact that God loves you more than you love yourself, and that He wants to save you from hell. “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” (Jesus Christ, John 3:16).With these facts in mind, please repent of your sins, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and pray and ask Him to come into your heart and save you this very moment. The Bible states in the book of Romans 10:9, 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.” “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
If you are willing to trust Christ as your Saviour, please pray the following prayer:
Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life. Amen.
Online Church Calendar
STATEMENT OF FAITH
We believe the Bible to be the inspired and only infallible written Word of God.
We believe that there is only One God, eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son and, God the Holy Spirit.
We believein the blessed Hope, which is the rapture of the Church of God, which is in Christ, at His return.
We believe that the only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance and faith in the precious Blood of Jesus Christ.
We believethat regeneration by the Holy Ghost is essential for personal salvation.
We believe that the redemptive work of Christ on the Cross-provides healing for the human body in answer to believing prayer.
We believe that the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, according to Acts 2:4, is given to believers who ask for Him.
We believe in the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a holy and separated life in the present world.
WE ARE BETTER "TOGETHER"
And We Shall Accomplish More "Together"
Pastor Harold Molden Sr. & 1st Lady Casandra Molden
5101 Bristol Avenue
Kansas City, MO. 64129
816-877-1992 Church Secretary
with God & the local body of Christ
in the Word
in the community
2020 Adult Sunday School Lessons
Pastor Harold Molden Sr. & 1st Lady Casandra Molden
Thursday morning, at 11:30 am “Won’t He Do It" Ministry broadcasting live on Gospel 1590 AM and 106.1 FM!